- Where can I purchase Vineyard Collection bridesmaid dresses at a discount?
- Anyone any experience of weddings at Vinoklet Winery, Cincinnati, Ohio?
- Has anyone ever been to a wedding at Laurita Winery in New Egypt, NJ?
- What is the average wedding budget?
- Ideas for incorporating a vineyard/winery feel to your guestbook?
- The best place in Australia for a winery wedding? Yarra Valley maybe?
- What do I wear to a 5pm wedding at a winery in upstate NY in May?
- Has anyone been to a wedding at Magnanini Winery in Wallkill, NY?
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
- Winery Wedding Theme - create the ambiance yourself
- The team at Edna Valley Vineyard are a well-oiled machine that will make your wedding day flawless!
- There are 90 wineries in Iowa and most offer entertainment and facilities for weddings.
- Cape Cod Winery's homemade fruity wine is the perfect pair to your berry-filled spring wedding cake.
- Festive Designs report on Edna Vally Vineyard weddings.
- New Jersey vineyard weddings in jeopardy.
- Neighbors complain about amplified music from wineries.
- Temecula Valley land-use plan could stop special events at vineyards less than 20 acres.
Friday, March 25, 2011
In January this year, a number of winery wedding venues put on a tour to give couples a view of each fully decorated venue to better envision their special wedding day. Vendors were on hand to show off table settings, floral designs, catering, music and everything else that goes to make a wedding special.
This video taken during the event gives you a flavour of what to expect at The Woodhouse Wine Estates, Novelty Hill • Januik Winery, DeLille Cellars, Willows Lodge, Columbia Winery and JM Cellars.
Weddings in Woodinville from Bogle Productions on Vimeo.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Kristen Marquette has written a column for eHow about choosing the colors for your vineyard wedding. Whether you want to choose one of the subtle shades of a red or white wine - don't be afraid to stand out in a red wedding dress! Or you might prefer an earth tone or a green to complement the scenery, or choose a purple to match the ripening grapes. Consider also the season that your wedding will be held - the greens may be most appropriate early in the spring or early summer, and the purples reserved for fall just before the grape harvest.
Try to apply your chosen color scheme to the whole wedding, starting with the invitation cards and all the other stationery that you might use, even perhaps a custom wine label. Carry it through to dress of the wedding party, the flowers and other decorations. This does not mean using just the one color everywhere, but try to keep a strong theme, and choose a complementary color or two to use tastefully alongside it in small splashes.
As well as color, you might like to use a motif throughout your wedding. Your should perhaps also consider the style of the vineyard you chose. Some are very sophisticated, while others lend themselves to a more rustic ambience. It would probably be unwise to work against the surroundings you are in.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
The Harvest Inn is the perfect setting for an unforgettable wine country wedding. Situated in the Napa Valley, the inn offers eight acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and country estate-style accommodations, making it the ideal wedding location.
Wedding cinematography by Daydreamer Cinema.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Last year I posted a video showing how Google Docs can help you with your wedding planning. Now they have a page dedicated to help you further simplify your wedding planning.
You can share your story and event details with an easy to create website. They also have photo editing tools that allow you to create perfect photos and use them to create announcements, save the date cards and more. You can create an online photo album to share your engagement and wedding pictures, or gather photos of floral arrangements, dresses and other inspirations.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
New Wedding Planet, a membership trade association for wedding consultants and other wedding professionals, has released an excerpt of their wedding consultant training course featuring Yvonne Horn, author of Winery Wedding Guide.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
This month's roundup of ideas that may help with your wedding planning.
- Kaysha Weiner photographs her first ever winery wedding.
- Gazebo Wedding Decorations - Grapevine garlands look lovely at a gazebo for a winery or wine themed wedding.
- Tuscany Wedding Invitations - Love wine? Or planning a winery wedding? Choose wedding invitations with a Tuscan sensibility.
- A beautiful and unusual photograph of a bride by award winning photographer Tony Hewitt at Watershed Winery in Western Australia.
- Ashcraft Photography covers their first wedding of the year at Ponte Family Estate Winery in the heart of the Temecula Wine Valley.
- Ruby Moon Vineyard and Winery in Kentucky is expanding and will soon have a banquet room which will accommodate up to 100 people for weddings and receptions.
- Rustic wedding locations in Victoria, Australia in converted barns, mills and woolsheds.
- Win a gift certificate for your wedding invitations courtesy of Ruffled.
And finally, Jeanette and Mark's wedding at Wilson Creek Winery, beautifully captured by Bob Hoffman Video & Photography: